“Human relevance in marketing has never been more valid and more necessary.” Becker added that company culture also plays a very critical role “especially in these fragile times.”
Is LinkedIn, which has been part of Microsoft since 2016 , on its way to becoming a social network? Will it be the better Facebook? Or another?
En medio de una transformación digital que se presenta como una revolución, Christoph Becker, uno de los publicistas más reconocidos internacionalmente, que lleva 25 años dedicado a la creación de marcas, sigue apostando por las emociones como factor decisivo en la toma de decisiones en cualquier negocio.
Campaigns featuring Fearless Girl, risk taking and the PGA helped top brands win big at the ANA’s B2 Awards last night in Chicago.
The Drum, in association with gyro and the Financial Times at Cannes, will host a panel discussing the role of feelings and emotions in decision-making and why it is the key ingredient when it comes to forging successful business relationships.
The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) announced that three prominent veteran business-to-business marketing executives will be inducted into the ANA’s B2B Hall of Fame at a gala awards banquet next month.
NEW YORK (May 29, 2018) — The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) today announced that three prominent veteran business-to-business marketing executives will be inducted into the ANA’s B2B Hall of Fame at a gala awards banquet next month.
The formal induction will be made during the 2018 ANA Masters of B2B Marketing Conference, June 6–8 at the Chicago Marriott Downtown.
The three honorees are:
- Linda Boff: As CMO and VP of learning and culture at General Electric, Linda Boff leads the company’s entire global marketing effort. She drives the positioning of GE and brings digital-first thinking and strategy to GE’s learning and development efforts for 300,000 employees around the world. She was named 2017 Adweek Grand Brand Genius and is also a 2016 Matrix Award winner. She was listed No. 5 on Business Insider’s 50 Most Innovative CMOs list and serves as Chair of the Ad Council and as a member of ANA’s Executive Committees and Marketing 50. Ms. Boff earned a B.A. in political science and psychology from Union College.
- Christoph Becker: Christoph Becker is the global CEO and chief creative officer at gyro, one of the largest, most successful business-to-business agencies in the world. He has spent more than 25 years building brands and creative cultures around the globe. Previously, he spent eight years as chairman and CCO of FCB New York, leading its 1,500-person operation. Mr. Becker was also CCO of Bozell Latin America, where he guided the company’s creative success in eight countries. Prior to Bozell, he was at TAPSA Madrid and Ogilvy & Mather Madrid. He has spoken about the reinvention of business-to-business at events including Cannes Lions, Fortune Brainstorm: Tech, the Forbes CMO Summit, and Advertising Week.
- Katherine Button Bell: Katherine Button Bell is SVP and CMO at Emerson, where she is responsible for the company’s global marketing and corporate branding strategies. She also oversees corporate communications, digital and social marketing strategies, market research programs, and professional development programs for Emerson’s marketing teams worldwide. Before joining Emerson, Ms. Button Bell was president of her own consulting firm specializing in market planning, brand-building, and marketing training for Fortune 500 manufacturers. Prior to that, she was executive director of worldwide marketing communications for Converse and director of advertising and public relations for Wilson Sporting Goods. Ms. Button Bell holds a bachelor’s from Princeton University.
“Once again we are pleased to welcome a stellar lineup of premier executives to our B2B Hall of Fame,” said ANA CEO Bob Liodice. “Like their predecessors, this year’s inductees represent the best and brightest in tackling business-to-business marketing issues and producing innovations. Our sincere congratulations go out to Linda, Christoph, and Katherine. Welcome to the ANA B2B Hall of Fame!”
The ANA B2B Hall of Fame is designed to pay tribute to business marketing professionals from all sides of the industry who have made significant and lasting contributions throughout their careers while serving as business-to-business advocates and displaying a consistent spirit of innovation and professionalism. Criteria considered for induction include business marketers who have consistently:
- Elevated business marketing and moved the business-to-business industry forward
- Demonstrated outstanding personal and organizational leadership and achievement in their individual field
- Contributed to the future of business marketing by inspiring talent and championing development programs for the next generation
To be eligible for induction into the ANA B2B Hall of Fame, a candidate must have at least 15 years of business-to-business experience. Candidates do not have to be a member of the ANA to be nominated or inducted.
The ANA B2B Hall of Fame was founded in 2016.
ABOUT THE ANA
The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) makes a difference for individuals, brands, and the industry by driving growth, advancing the interests of marketers and promoting and protecting the well-being of the marketing community. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. The ANA’s membership includes more than 1,000 companies with 15,000 brands that collectively spend or support more than $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. The membership is comprised of more than 750 client-side marketers and 300 marketing service providers, which include leading agencies, law firms, suppliers, consultants, and vendors. Further enriching the ecosystem is the work of the nonprofit ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), which has the mission of enhancing the understanding of advertising and marketing within the academic and marketing communities.
In celebration of World Wish Day, gyro and its client, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, took to the streets of Chicago to raise awareness of the organization and extend the brand’s ‘Hope is Medicine’ campaign.
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has announced the 413 jury members chosen to award and celebrate the best creative work from around the world.
Nearly two-thirds of the media and marketing industry have considered leaving due to poor workplace wellbeing, according to research conducted at The Drum’s annual Do It Day by Mind and Nabs. In our latest documentary, we investigated the reasons why the numbers of marketers suffering are so high.