gyro had the biggest, most successful year in its history.
We have won our largest accounts while at the same time organically growing our relationships with top client partners. Our creative excellence has shined brighter than ever and our thought leadership continues to drive the conversation.
That is why we were named Advertising Age’s 2016 B2B Agency of the Year and the Business Marketing Association’s 2014-2016 Global B2B Agency of the Year. It is also why 2016-2017 has proven again and again to be gyro’s biggest, most powerful year yet.
gyro is uniquely positioned to reinvent the way we see, feel and consume marketing and advertising in the exploding B2B space.
In July, gyro went to a whole other level when it became part of the powerful Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN). By leveraging the total integration of creative, media, data and technological power, gyro is now the first full-service global creative B2B powerhouse.
Thanks to the teams at Interprise and band, which are now a part of gyro, we now offer a complete package of creative excellence, strategy, media planning and buying, content marketing, design, data and analytics, CRM, SEO/SEM, sustainability and healthcare.
In terms of our global footprint, we have a far greater presence in APAC — notably in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney — in addition to our successful, growing office in Singapore.
Teamed with the powerful DAN network, gyro has access to even more capabilities, best practices, scale, and client opportunities than ever before. This has proven extremely attractive to new and existing clients, as has our total commitment to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
All told, revenue was up 20.5% thanks to new business wins, organic growth, and the addition of new partnerships with Interprise and band.
ABOUT OUR WORK
ABOUT OUR FULL-SERVICE, GLOBAL CREATIVE B2B POWERHOUSE
Globally, we have secured some of the top names in B2B, thanks to our unrelenting commitment to creative excellence and results. And our growth story touches all of our offices. Among a few of our recent high-level wins:
- Appointed Vodafone B2B agency of record.
- Won a huge global B2B global project for Google. Google is Ad Age’s No. 14 B2B spender at $78.3 million.
- Named Medidata agency of record. Medidata is a leading B2B provider of solutions and analytics for clinical research.
- Won specialty insurer Hiscox USA agency of record.
- Named Grant Thornton’s agency of record.
- Tapped as EmblemHealth agency of record.
- Selected to lead Roche’s B2B business.
- Appointed as the ADP agency of record.
- Won a significant piece of Midas’ European business.
- Continue to excel with top clients including HP Inc., TD Ameritrade, John Deere and many others.
- All told, gyro’s global revenue for 2016 was $89 million, up from $73 million as a standalone agency in 2015.
Internally, 2016 was named gyro’s “Year of Amplification” – and amplify we did! Our tremendous efforts, exciting new capability, our reputation and growth are all a result of our most important offering: our people. Our UNO culture is one of the most impactful and magnetic in the industry. 2017 is proving to be our most impactful year yet.
IN THE WORDS OF OUR CLIENTS
KEY AWARD WINS
- D&AD Pencil and D&AD Impact Pencil for Bennison
- Effie 2016 (Gold) for Oxford
- Effie 2016 (Bronze) for the French Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Women’s Rights
- Effie 2016 (Bronze) for USG Boral
- World Luxury Award 2016 (Gold) for Givenchy
18 BMA B2 Awards for 2016:
- Award of Excellence (Integrated Communications Program $250K – $1 million): Marshalls “Registered and Proud”
- Winner (Employee Communications; Digital, Print or Video): DCP Midstream “Listen To Your Body”
- Award of Excellence (Mobile-Enabled Web Site): Visa One Market Mobile-Enabled Website
- Winner (Direct Mail, Flat) Phillips 66 “Experience 66”
- Award of Excellence (Lead Generation/Nurture): MongoDB “Seeded Business Cards”
- Award of Excellence (Product, Equipment or Parts Catalog, or Technical Bulletins): Varian “VitalBeam Look Book”
- Award of Excellence (Non-Video Banner – Static, GIF, expandable): PODS for Business
- Award of Excellence (Half-Page or Full Page, Campaign) Time Inc. “Open the Experience”
- Award of Excellence (Spread or Larger, Single or Campaign, Series): USG “The Weight Has Been Lifted”
- Winner (Broadcast/Satellite Radio Advertising, Campaign or Spot): Marshalls “Registered and Proud”
- Winner (Large Banners, Interior or Outdoor) Time Inc. “Open the Experience)
- Award of Excellence (Large Banners, Interior or Outdoor): USG Ultralight “The Weight Has Been Lifted”
- Award of Excellence (Electronic White Papers): The Growth CMO
- Award of Excellence (Promotional Incentive): DCP Midstream “Listen To Your Body”
- Winner (Charity or Cause, Business or Social Issue): Foundations of Music “Music for Every Child”
- Award of Excellence (Posters): DCP Midstream “Listen To Your Body”
- Award of Excellence (Original Photography): USG “The Weight Has Been Lifted”
- Winner (Original Illustration): Toshiba “Bring Life Forward”
25 BMA Tower Awards for 2017:
- Best in Show for USG Boral’s “Innovation Inspired by You” campaign
- 11 Gold awards for clients including PotashCorp, USG, Cars.com, John Deere, and Air Methods
31 BMA ACE Awards for 2016:
- 13 First Place awards for in-house work and clients including Marshalls, DCP Midstream, Canson, and Time Inc.
- 12 Second Place awards
- Best Places to Work 2017 for gyro Cincinnati
- D&AD Pencil 2016 (Wood) for Bennison
- D&AD Impact Pencil 2016 (Wood) for Bennison
- NY Festivals Award 2016 (Silver) for Bennison
- National Advertising Award (Silver) for Tate & Lyle
For a full list of awards won, click here.
Diversity on all fronts is essential to succeed in every aspect of our business. At the very core of our UNO culture is a celebration of people’s differences. Our agency requires creative eclecticism, meaning our 700 minds across 17 offices are extremely diverse. For starters, more than half of our staff is comprised of women, including our top leaders: gyro New York + gyro:human MD Wendy Lurrie, gyro UK MD Kate Howe, gyro Munich MD Claudia Leischner, gyro Madrid GM Ana Garcia-Hierro, gyro APAC Head of Planning Belinda Greene, gyro Singapore President Rayne Chow, and gyro Cincinnati President Adryanna Sutherland.
gyro has made a commitment to #FreetheBid both as a participant, a sponsor and a supporter. We also will continue to support many other progressive organizations throughout the industry and beyond. There is a lot of work to be done on this front.
All told, one of the very foundations of gyro is the fact that there is no creative apartheid here. The more kinds of talent and experience we can bring to the challenge, the more kinds of creative opportunities we will see.