gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together talent from myriad practice areas, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect, and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll contribute to award-winning work and face challenges that will be easier to overcome knowing you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do:
gyro:Fuel is the agency’s content-marketing discipline. Based on a publishing model, Fuel focuses on creating provocative content that engages B2B audiences across all channels. From long-form, interactive thought leadership pieces and how-to guides to blog posts, web pages and articles, Fuel pairs strategy and creative with writing and editing to produce award-winning content. Whether you’re a new content strategist, writer, editor or managing editor, every member of the Fuel team is expected to work with all disciplines to push the boundaries of content development and creation.
The Managing Editor of gyro:fuel is responsible for manning the controls of our strategic content and storytelling projects, from start to finish. That means brainstorming content formats, pitching concepts, writing and editing (every possible format), leading internal discussions, talking to clients, establishing relationships and taking ownership of every word that hits the paper. This person serves as the primary editor on a number of key accounts, working with clients, writers and art directors to produce high impact content-marketing programs that generate strong business results.
- Collaborate with strategic and creative colleagues to execute engaging content across a variety of channels
- Manage content calendars, production schedules, timelines and distribution to shepherd product through from start to finish
- Coordinate content submissions from internal, client and third-party contributors
- Ensure consistent style and tone per the client style guide
- Supervise progress with influencer and content contributor networks (e.g., freelancers, bloggers, celebrities, etc.), coordinate with wider content marketing team
- Monitor success metrics and adjust plans accordingly to ensure optimization
- Stay up to date on digital publishing and content creation best practices, as well as activities from other influential publishers
- Background in publishing and/or advertising
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proven interview and research skills
- Experience creating lead generation and thought leadership materials for clients, including white papers, research reports, eBooks, blog posts, landing pages, emails, newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, articles, case studies, video and podcast scripts, banner ads, webinars, power point decks, etc.
- B2B copywriting, technical writing or medical/healthcare industry writing experience is a plus
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, content marketing, PR or related field
- Portfolio of strategic writing examples, ability to pass a writing test, familiarity with various writing styles (including AP style)
- Self-sufficient, self-motivating, detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Visual, strategic and creative thinker able to inspire others
- Minimum six to eight years of experience (agency experience preferred)
- Natural storyteller and wordsmith that can tolerate lack of respect for the Oxford comma
- Inherently creative and curious