gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together talent from myriad practice areas, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines to fulfill this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect, and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll contribute to award-winning work and face challenges that will be easier to overcome knowing you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do:
The Editorial Writer for gyro:fuel will be responsible for translating complex subject matter into messages that resonate with, engage and educate a wide variety of audiences. This person will develop content deliverables for a range of clients.
- Produce and manage short and long-form writing projects
- Interview subject matter experts on a variety of topics and translate interviews into articles, news releases, white papers, videos, webinars, infographics, blog posts, and many other communications formats
- Proofread and revise communications developed by others as needed
Knowledge, skills and competencies include:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- The ability to convey technical and/or complex concepts on a broad range of topics according to audience preferences
- Solid interviewing and research skills
- Self-sufficient, self-motivating and deadline-driven
- Knowledgable about writing for the web and SEO
- Thinks creatively and can inspire others
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or English
- Minimum of 2 to3 years’ experience in related field; agency experience preferred
- Aptitude with basic MS Office package
- Portfolio of strategic writing examples, ability to pass a writing test, familiarity with various writing styles (must possess mastery knowledge of AP style)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.