gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
The Account Executive is responsible for the day-to-day management of the client’s business. This position is instrumental in ensuring that all client projects are completed on time, on budget and meet client/agency objectives. The AE works with Project Management to coordinate agency resources for their projects and will interface with the various departments and personnel that are involved in project development on a day-to-day basis.
- Act as primary client contact for appropriate client match
- Develop knowledge of clients’ business, competitive challenges, and how key strategic issues could impact client/agency objectives
- Develop an understanding of integrated marketing campaign management, production processes and reporting and participate in the marketing planning process
- Learn how multiple marketing disciplines, beyond just advertising or direct response, can best work together to support client goals
- Provide effective/timely communications to agency staff, clients, and partner agencies through conference reports, emails, etc.
- Develop, with AS supervision, tactical briefs based on client/agency input and present briefs to creative team and other agency departments involved in the project’s development
- Learn how to analyze campaign results, draw conclusions and proactively make recommendations to optimize the client’s program
- Learn to evaluate copy, layout/artwork, media plans and production materials against approved briefs and make recommendations as appropriate prior to concepts being presented to clients
- Implement tactical programs through production across channels
- Coordinate development of estimates, billing and vendor invoices within approved budgets
- Track agency time logged against estimates and reconcile on a bi-monthly basis
- Partner with Project Management to confirm that projects in the pipeline are progressing according to client expectation and, if project delays or cost/time overages are suspected, proactively address situation with manager
- Liaise with peers at client partner agencies to manage process effectively and resolve conflict as needed
- Keep supervisor and management fully informed of account challenges and opportunities
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3-4 yrs. relevant marketing programs management and/or agency experience
- Knowledge of digital marketing, digital development preferred
- B-to-B experience preferred
- Knowledge of 1-2 integrated marketing expertise areas (print advertising, interactive, online/offline direct marketing, vendor management)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Sound analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Forge strong cross-agency relationships; help train new team members in agency procedures
- Be proactive – understand the big picture as well as the details and contribute suggestions, new ideas, procedure recommendations, etc. to team and agency management
- Contribute to the overall spirit of gyro by injecting a positive personal impact to the workplace by bringing enthusiasm, energy and a positive spirit to the work environment