gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here
The Account Supervisor is responsible for managing, coordinating and leading agency resources to meet the integrated marketing communication needs of assigned accounts. This position is often the primary day-to-day interface with mid-level client decision-makers and, with their Account Director, instrumental to the client’s success with the agency, and gyro‘s financial success with the account. This role also assists agency management to define key strategic issues for clients, and their impact on agency objectives. In addition, they will provide input to the management team on opportunities to generate incremental revenue growth, and will often be responsible for account team direct reports.
- Develop knowledge of clients’ business, competitive challenges, and how key strategic issues could impact client/agency objectives
- Develop an understanding of integrated marketing campaign management, production processes and reporting
- Develop project/creative/media briefs based on client/agency input and present briefs to creative team and other agency departments involved in the project’s development
- Be proactive – understand the big picture as well as the details and contribute suggestions, new ideas, procedure recommendations, etc. to team and agency management
- Lead meetings (internal/client) and deliver presentations clearly, effectively and confidently
- Learn how to analyze campaign results, draw conclusions and proactively make recommendations to optimize the client’s program
- Identify new opportunities within existing accounts and/or with complementary businesses to recommend and sell additional agency services
- Understand multiple marketing disciplines beyond just advertising or direct response (e.g., how all disciplines can best work together to support client goals)
- Forge strong cross-agency relationships; help train new team members in agency procedures
- Provide constructive evaluation of clients’ strategic documents and marketing initiatives, and offer direction and guidance when appropriate
- Function as an informational source of the client’s business for all team members
- Evaluate copy, layout/artwork, media plans and production materials against approved briefs and make recommendations as appropriate prior to concepts being presented to clients
- Anticipate project delays or cost/time overages and proactively address situation with manager
- Keep supervisor and management fully informed of account challenges and opportunities
- Nurture the career development of direct reports by providing meaningful growth and development plans
- Provide leadership, motivate internal teams and forge strong relationships between all agency departments
- Contribute to the overall culture of gyro by injecting a positive personal impact to the workplace by bringing enthusiasm and energy to the work environment
- Participate in new business opportunities including coordinating resources and organizing pitch teams
- Manage $1mm to $2mm in agency fees
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ yrs. relevant experience
- Agency experience necessary, global business management a plus
- Experience in brand campaign development is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of integrated marketing within an agency account management environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a client-facing environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Sound analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills