JOB DESCRIPTION: INTEGRATED BRAND STRATEGIST
gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to produce ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
Account Planning’s core charter has always been to bring the attitudes, behaviors and interests of customers into the creative process to produce more compelling and effective advertising. However, as the definition of “advertising” has expanded to include messaging, content and experiences delivered across paid, owned and earned media, the responsibilities of Account Planning have expanded as well. To reflect these changes, gyro has created the Integrated Brand Strategy group to play the pivotal role of lead strategic integrator across all accounts and projects; blending the strategic perspectives and expertise of our Media, Content, PR, UX and Analytics disciplines into comprehensive yet highly focused strategic direction across a range of strategic deliverables.
In an agency world becoming increasingly specialized, the Integrated Brand Strategist must specialize in integration, combining a strong foundational understanding of media, content, analytics and all things digital with a proven expertise in brand strategy, consumer research and communications. Integrated Brand Strategists at gyro must be equal parts data-driven case makers and visceral big picture storytellers. To deliver more humanly relevant ideas for our clients they are expected to tackle the big problems, to question, inspire, integrate and above all, lead. This is not Account Planning per usual and we seek only those energized by the opportunity to challenge and redefine what it means to be a Brand Strategist today.
The Integrated Brand Strategist will have 4-6 years of Account Planning or Brand Strategy related experience in an agency setting and will have specific experience in the following areas:
- Experience in the creation of integrated communications plans and helping manage such cross-functional projects from initiation to implementation
- A clear passion for insights and love of mining data. Experience working with internal analytics and client data to extract actionable insights to guide creative strategies.
- Experience in foundational brand strategy / brand architecture work
- Trained in a variety of marketing research tools and methodologies – from new ways of leveraging technology to conduct primary research, to 3rd party research, secondary and social listening. Exposure to things like Crimson Hexigon, Telmar, Simmons/MRI is a bonus.
- Experience working across different agency functions like media, social, content, UX and analytics. (a diverse work experience is a big plus)
- A comfort level working with ideas that can stretch across paid, owned and earned media to connect with consumers across the entirety of their journey
- A passion for ideas and storytelling, with experience leveraging different strategic story formats to inspire great ideas (briefs, journeys, personas, briefings, etc.)
- Experience both participating in and facilitating workshops
- Must currently be working in a role that is client facing in some capacity
- A proven entrepreneurial streak, capacity to lead and palpable hunger to learn and grow
- Specific B2B experience is a plus but by no means required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field
- Advanced or Masters Degree in advertising or communications related field is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Keynote