gyro is the global ideas shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
If you’ve got your finger on the pulse of North American agriculture and you’re part journalist, part PR specialist, and part social media addict, we want you part of our team.
This position requires you to exhibit a newsroom approach to content development – meaning you’ll be responsible for researching topical agricultural stories; identifying, contacting and interviewing industry experts; and then generating, editing, publishing and sharing content on our client’s thought leadership web property.
You will be responsible for co-ideating editorial with the rest of the team and reporting on/writing articles that will live on the web. Collaboration with the creative team and client will be key to ensuring all activities and campaigns meet specified objectives, deadlines and benchmarks.
In addition to building-out editorial calendars over time you’ll be expected to build a healthy list of go-to industry experts in order to produce consistent, timely and relevant content.
To put it simply, your job will be to geek-out on our client’s business to understand and report on industry trends, issues, technological innovations and best-practice developments – ideally before our clients are even aware of them.
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- 4+ years of journalism; at least 2 years within the agriculture industry.
- Demonstrated ability to write strong content, either for a brand or journalistically (candidate will be asked to provide samples)
- Skilled knowledge of content marketing.
- The initiative and go-getter spirit to find the story rather than relying upon the story to find you.
- Ability to develop and adhere to editorial calendars with minimal supervision
- Highly detail-oriented and can manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong work ethic and positive outlook (sense of humor is a plus.)
- Working knowledge of best practices in SEO
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in journalism or English preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.