CREATIVE DIRECTOR- COPY
gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
gyro is looking for a Creative Director Copywriter with the ability to create and write for concepts across our variety of clients. Successful candidate will be an extremely talented, passionate and conceptual creative who will aid in the planning, development, generation and implementation of ideas, artwork and copy for all media. Web, guerrilla, and experiential thinking is welcomed, coupled with an ability to write creative copy to help bring ideas to life.
- Working with the ECD to raise the bar on the agency’s creative product — both traditional/b2b and digital
- Nurturing and inspiring the teams reporting to them while directing them to breakthrough concepts and ideas
- A strong writer with expertise in branding strategy, visual communication as well as team management, creative concepting, client-facing skills, and presentation expertise
- A proven creative professional, with a solid track record of smart conceptual, award-winning work
- Someone with a minimum of 8 years agency experience within marketing and advertising including campaigns, branding, experiential, digital and print
- Writing ability for marketing communications including but not limited to print and online advertising, and the ability to bring ideas to life with tangible examples across various media types and channels.
- Direct mixed discipline creative teams to ensure consistency with brand messaging and adherence to company style standards
- Candidate must be able to think strategically and concept in a wide range of media, beyond the “what is” into the realm of “what can be”
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, communications, marketing or English
- 8+ years of agency experience developing and writing advertising/marketing communications, with samples of work product highlighting these skills
- Exceptional writing, editorial and listening skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational and communication skills and great attention to detail
- Able to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and projecting a positive attitude
- Track record of creating award-winning ideas across all media types
- Ability to handle multiple accounts and clients
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.