gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together talent from myriad practice areas, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect, and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll contribute to award-winning work and face challenges that will be easier to overcome knowing you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do:
The Managing Editor of gyro:fuel is responsible for manning the controls of our strategic content and storytelling projects, from start to finish. That means brainstorming content formats, pitching concepts, writing and editing (every possible format), leading internal discussions, talking to clients, establishing relationships and taking ownership of every word that hits the paper. This person serves as the primary editor on a number of key accounts, working with clients, writers and art directors to produce high impact content-marketing programs that generate strong business results.
- Collaborate with strategic and creative colleagues to execute engaging content across a variety of channels
- Manage content calendars, production schedules, timelines and distribution to shepherd product through from start to finish
- Coordinate content submissions from internal, client and third-party contributors
- Ensure consistent style and tone per the client style guide
- Supervise progress with influencer and content contributor networks (e.g., freelancers, bloggers, celebrities, etc.), coordinate with wider content marketing team
- Monitor success metrics and adjust plans accordingly to ensure optimization
- Stay up to date on digital publishing and content creation best practices, as well as activities from other influential publishers
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- 4 to 6 years of experience in similar editorial, content marketing, content strategy or content curation role
- Journalism, PR/communication and/or professional writing/storytelling background
- Experience producing a variety of content deliverables, including blog posts, articles, white papers, podcasts, videos, webinars, infographics, social media chatter and media relations materials
- Agency or publishing experience preferred
- Self-starter, natural storyteller and wordsmith that can tolerate lack of respect for the Oxford comma
- Possesses strong interpersonal communications skills with an acute attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadline-driven projects from concept to delivery
- Ability to translate complex content into engaging messages that resonate with the target audience
- Inherently creative and curious
- Desire to learn and develop in a fast-paced agency environment where creativity and forward-thinking are valued and rewarded