gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
The Media Director is responsible for leading media operations of clients within the San Francisco office. The Media Director will be engaged in supervision of a media team that currently includes two Media Planners.
The Media Director will lead the planning process, from RFP development to client presentation to execution, and is required to develop and maintain close knowledge of our clients’ businesses and ensure media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
The Media Director must think strategically about the media planning process and offer sound & innovative ideas for generating plans, as well as to help guide the team. The Media Director partners with the Strategy and Account teams to evaluate client business problems and formulate innovative and effective solutions.
Candidates must have expertise across all areas of B2B media, including demand generation, content syndication, paid social, digital/mobile, and print/OOH. This position will also contribute to management of data analytics across the entire media team, including intimate involvement in the analytics process, from raw data management to data-driven, results-based recommendations.
This candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills and be a true team leader & player and demonstrate the desire to teach and manage a media staff. This candidate will also play an active role in new business development.
- Leverage customer/consumer insight to guide media programs in the B2B space, especially for technology firms
- Create strategies for integrated (online and offline; owned, earned and paid) communication plans in support of client marketing programs
- Integrate digital, print, OOH, TV and mobile media
- Be fluent in ROI measurement, analytics and optimization
- Lead, support and motivate a team
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients while building and managing direct client relationships
- Foster a good working relationship with account, creative, strategy and client teams to facilitate smart communication strategy and flawless execution of plans
- Maintain a current POV on emerging advertising and media technologies, and work to move clients forward as appropriate new capabilities emerge
- Possess excellent presentation skills both to groups and one-on-one
- Ability to manage the flow of client media-related issues based on changes in direction, goals, and budgets. Be aware of the need to create solutions and resolve problems.
- Maintain good rapport with sales representatives and vendors; engage vendors to work collaboratively to deliver original solutions to satisfy & exceed client need
- Explore media alternatives and be naturally innovative in recommending media solutions;
- Determine the solution, deliver the recommendation and stand behind it
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- 8 years minimum agency experience
- Digitally minded, with passion, experience and expertise in the category
- B2B technology experience
- Proficiency with related software and data analytics programs a must: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Omniture, Google Analytics, DART, etc
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.