gyro is the global ideas shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
gyro, Ad Agency’s B2B agency of the year, is currently looking for a talented Media Planner to join their growing Chicago team. Applicants should have a Bachelors degree in advertising/marketing or other related field, with 2-3 years experience in a marketing organization with a media focus.
- Plan across a wide array of media including; video and audio broadcast, outdoor and non-traditional media, newspaper and magazine print, various digital and mobile components, and social media
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams and external vendors to develop and coordinate plan strategy, buying, negotiations, and execution (media agencies, database marketing, public relations, production, traffic, creative)
- Maintain media invoicing and reconciliations, resolving discrepancies and negotiating make-goods as appropriate
- Research industry specific needs/asks, as well as, target audience to uncover key insights and media consumption habits
- Analyze, negotiate and develop multi-media recommendations that deliver on brand objectives
- Set up and trafficking of digital programs in ad serving/reporting system
- Monitoring campaign deliveries for appropriate pacing and full delivery
- On-going media research to keep abreast of ever evolving landscape, technologies and new vendors/offerings
- Aggregate multiple data sources, analyze and construct monthly performance reports
- Facilitate competitive analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Develop agency points of view on media opportunities for submission to the client
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- Familiarity with the media planning and buying processes
- Able to build integrated media plans across multiple channels including traditional broadcast, digital (display, mobile, video), social, OOH, magazine and newspaper
- Experience with Doubleclick/DART
- Proficient with IMS, SRDS, MRI, Nielsen and other research tools
- Microsoft Office skills, with heavy focus on using Excel
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Multi-tasking is a must!
- Critical and creative thinking
- Work efficiently and effectively within a team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.