gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
The Media Planner works closely with all personnel representing the media team. This person provides guidance for Assistant Media Planners with execution of day-to-day tasks, supports entire media team with array of planning processes, and creates and expresses original ideas. In support of the senior media staff, the Media Planner assists in preparing media plans and/or comprehensive media proposals. This person should have a strong knowledge of media terminology, effective verbal and written communications skills and the capability to work independently if necessary. This candidate should also possess an exceptional ability to seamlessly multitask.
- Gather and assemble background information and analyses as needed in development of media plans, documents and presentations, both independently and collaboratively
- Provide media planning research, including: contacting print and online resources and advertising venues to obtain information; downloading and reviewing online media information; talking or meeting with media representatives; obtaining industry-specific marketing data from trade associations, etc.
- Assist in media planning, buying and accountability/stewardship functions and development
- Be knowledgeable of digital and print media planning processes, evaluation, analysis and optimization
- Establish and maintain goodwill and strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Answer telephone calls/e-mails from media reps, gathering any information required
- Is involved in meetings with media representatives when requested
- Keeps abreast of client activities and objectives to provide backup when the primary media contact is unavailable
- Ensure all media projects proceed according to plan and on deadline, drawing attention of media leadership team to potential problems before they occur
- Use data and analyses to improve effectiveness and accountability of advertising campaigns
- Assist with analysis of external qualitative and quantitative research
- Input timely, thorough and accurate data into media buying and third party ad serving software
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- 2-4 years of media buying/planning experience
- Agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in both B2B and B2C client categories.
- Background in social and search a plus
- Experience in ad server set up and trafficking
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the client¹s business, the consumer buying journey and where to reach core audiences
- Responsible for handling Lead Generation and Awareness campaigns
- Responsible for day to day campaign management: Plan recommendations, Campaign set up/tracking, weekly/daily reporting deliverable, billing
- Strong grounding in analytics and measurement
- Must be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and ability to manage budgets
- Must know Excel