gyro is the global ideas shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
Reporting to the Director, Agency Operations, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing job schedules, balancing resources, maximizing staff utilization and ensuring all projects are seen through to completion on time and on budget. This is an integrated role with a mix of traditional(print and video) and digital projects.
- Confer with key team members to develop a project plan, milestones and required tasks for each project
- Work with Creative Directors, Strategy and Account Management to generate the schedule for overall project completion and make updates as needed, notifying all appropriate parties
- Regularly communicate status of projects by means of weekly meetings, status reports, and updates throughout the life of the project
- Help to maintain overall quality by assisting Account Management with proofing materials prior to routing, and with QA of all content
- Obtain necessary approvals from required departments by initiating and planning and managing internal review meetings
- Ensure adherence to established and approved processes
- Influence and evangelize process improvement initiatives across disciplines
- Must be able to diplomatically enforce deadlines
- Willingness to do what it takes to see jobs through to completion and meet tight deadlines
- Manage the production phase of deliverables, including print, interactive and video materials. This includes vendor management, cost management and quality assurance of the final deliverable.
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Familiar with agency processes, including strategy, design and production
- Experience managing production of online content (ex: websites, apps, banners)
- Skilled in using project management applications (ex: Microsoft Project or other scheduling tools, Basecamp)
- Must have proven experience with vendor management
- Must be able to provide clear, thorough written direction to staff and deliver concise, accurate and actionable next steps after meetings and discussions
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills and be a team player
- Previous project management experience with advertising/marketing preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.