gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favorite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
Reporting to the Director of Resource and Project Management, the Project Manager will be responsible for all project management responsibilities from forecasting and planning all the way through delivery. This includes:
- Development of detailed project plans with timings, resource allocation, milestones, and deliverables
- Facilitate an environment and process that allows all departments to focus on their job primary responsibilities
- Work with Account Management, Strategy, Creative Directors and Producers to generate schedules for overall project completion and make updates as needed, notifying all appropriate parties
- Set and lead meetings in conjunction with Account Management
- Resource planning and management in order to maximize staff utilization
- Work with Account Management to create scopes of work (SOW)
- Continual assessment of project status to ensure goals are being met and that they‘re within scope and budget
- Provide direction and insightful solutions to circumvent project issues and to take advantage of opportunities
- Regularly communicate status of projects by means of weekly meetings, status reports, and updates throughout the day
- Ensure that the fundamental processes are adhered to
- Loop production in during creative development and work with them closely through delivery
- Help to maintain overall quality by assisting Account Management with proofing materials prior to routing
- Influence and evangelize process improvement initiatives across multiple departments and locations
- Must be able to diplomatically enforce deadlines
- Willingness to do what it takes to see projects through to completion and meet tight deadlines
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Passion for creative and a thorough understanding of creative and design process
- Strong leadership abilities
- Must be able to coordinate and facilitate productive discussions and meeting
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills and be a team player
- Previous experience in advertising and/or marketing
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.