SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for the execution of all assigned client projects. The Senior AE coordinates and manages agency resources for their projects and acts as the day-to-day interface between the various agency departments that are involved in project development. This position is instrumental in ensuring that projects are completed on time, on-budget and well exceed client/agency objectives.
- Develop full understanding of clients’ business, competitive challenges, and how key strategic issues could impact client/agency objectives
- Develop and utilize an understanding of integrated marketing campaign management, production processes and reporting
- Develop project/creative/media briefs based on client/agency input and present briefs to creative team and other agency departments involved in the project’s development
- Be proactive – understand the big picture as well as the details and contribute suggestions, new ideas, procedure recommendations, etc. to team and agency management
- Learn how to analyze campaign results, draw conclusions and proactively make recommendations to optimize the client’s program
- Identify new opportunities within existing accounts and/or with complementary businesses to recommend and sell additional agency services
- Understand multiple marketing disciplines beyond just advertising or direct response (e.g., how all disciplines can best work together to support client goals)
- Forge strong cross-agency relationships; help train and manage new team members in agency procedures
- Coordinate development of estimates, billing and vendor invoices within approved budgets
- Be the go-to person for production status and schedules for assigned client projects; manage all work in-progress, track agency time against estimates and reconcile upon completion
- Provide effective/timely communications to agency staff, clients, and outside suppliers through conference reports, emails, etc.
- Evaluate copy, layout/artwork, media plans and production materials against approved briefs and make recommendations as appropriate prior to concepts being presented to clients
- Anticipate project delays or cost/time overages
- Keep supervisor and management fully informed of account challenges and opportunities
- Contribute to the overall spirit of gyro by injecting a positive personal impact to the workplace by bringing enthusiasm, energy and a positive spirit
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications
- 5+ yrs. relevant marketing programs management and/or agency experience
- Must have B-to-B experience
- Knowledge of 1-2 integrated marketing expertise areas (print advertising, interactive, online/offline direct marketing, vendor management)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Sound analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills