POSITION: Senior Account Director
REPORTING TO: Calvin Chow, Senior Account Director and John Irwin, Managing Director, gyro North Asia
gyro is the only full-service, integrated and global B2B marketing agency; with 750 minds across 20 offices including New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney, gyro is part of the Dentsu Aegis Network which operates in 123 countries worldwide with over 27,000 dedicated specialists. www.dentsuaegisnetwork.com
Only gyro has the unique offering, strategic tools and culture that brings content and context, as well as feeling and precision, together to create humanly relevant ideas that ignite business decisions.
gyro is the 2016 Advertising Age B2B Agency of the Year and the BMA Global B2B Agency of the Year for three consecutive years
gyro is looking for a smart and ambitious Account Director to join our Japan team based in Tokyo. The Account Director is responsible for managing gyro’s key client account in Japan. With 5+ years’ experience in an integrated marketing agency environment, the ideal candidate will have the proven ability to manage the relationship with an agency’s key clients.
The successful candidate will work with the gyro regional client account team to localise global and regional campaigns and develop integrated marketing solutions for our key clients for Japan. You will manage the relationship with the client, deliver to clients’ objectives and ensure on time, on budget, high quality deliverables – always focusing on client satisfaction.
Skilled at building trusting relationships with clients, you have a can-do attitude and are motivated to build a team that delivers world-class marketing solutions. You are a team leader with energy who continuously offers a fresh perspective into a dynamic agency environment.
You will also provide leadership in setting the standard for project management from project kick-off to completion, as well as championing account growth. You are a trusted face of gyro in Japan, reinforcing gyro’s culture with clients. Responsible for knowing the client’s business inside out to increase revenue and maintain client profitability targets. You will be constantly looking at ways to develop and grow existing client business.
As a senior member of our multi-national, regional team, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities with our key client beyond the existing engagement through an understanding of the B2B marketing environment, the ability to articulate gyro’s full service B2B offering and a close working relationship with the Business Director and the gyro management team.
Skills & Experience
- Superior client service and relationship-building skills, preferably with financial services and/or tech experience gained in a B2B agency environment
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to confidently communicate to senior clients at executive level
- Pro-active, self-motivated working well independently and as part of a team
- A proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for delivering high quality work to your clients
- A team builder and motivator driven with the passion to ensure successful and profitable delivery of projects
- Infectious energy and enthusiasm to drive the success of the Japan business with the support of the local and regional teams
- Candidates should be willing to “roll up their sleeves” and get stuck into the day-to-day account management of client projects
- Digital experience – previous experience handling larger-scale digital projects in Japan
- Strong presentation skills
- Achieving the KPIs of each client account set out in the 2017 business plan
- Build up a working model to ensure the process and quality levels are being developed and maintained whilst delivering work out of Japan
- Ensuring all campaigns are planned, briefed and monitored to achieve creative and production excellence and innovation, within the agreed timescales
- Driving client service excellence with the support of the regional client service team
- Develop marketing strategies through a strong understanding of clients’ marketing and business objectives
- Effectively address client satisfaction, renewal and escalation issues until resolved
- Plans and manages regular account reviews with the client
- Maximizing margins for every project, ensuring forecasts are always met in the agreed time period
- Recognize revenue opportunities for growing the engagement with existing clients
- Self-management and natural collaborator with others
- Ability to motivate all staff. Mentoring and coaching excellence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English
- Solid leader who voices opinion but respects other points of view
Through a good understanding of the market, client requirements and unique B2B services / solutions offering in Asia in the fast-growing B2B market you have the opportunity of fast-tracking your career into a senior role in the management of gyro in Japan.
if you are interested in applying directly email John Irwin at John.Irwin@gyro.com