Senior Media Planner
gyro is the most awarded global B2B full-service agency and is now part of the award winning Dentsu Aegis Network.
Through our unique in-house integration of media thinkers, content creators and experience builders we are able to deliver feeling with precision – creating the type of meaningful moments that influence decision makers and drives measureable results. Our deep understanding of business audiences and decision making fuels our media approach, which combined with the power and resources of the Dentsu Aegis Network is enabling us to define new possibilities for B2B media.
With offices in New York, Chicago, Cincinnati and San Francisco we are poised for rapid growth in the US. Our ambition is that gyro:precision will become an all-encompassing and complementary set of capabilities built upon unique data insights, proprietary planning frameworks, analytical rigor, smart attribution models and highly efficient ad tech. Under gyro:precision we will include all measureable areas of the business, including but not limited to:
- Media planning and buying
- Demand generation, nurture and marketing automation
- Research and insights
- Campaign measurement and tracking
- Analytics incorporating data visualization, attribution modelling and econometrics
gyro is the Dentsu Aegis Network B2B specialist agency and represents clients internationally – as such B2B/International experience is preferable, however not essential if other skills, digital in particular, are strong. This is a client facing Account Management role which will see the successful candidate heavily involved in campaigns with both planning and buying across a range of media channels, with a focus on digital in particular.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
COMMUNICATIONS PLANNING AND BUYING
The successful candidate will:
- Support the Media Director and Precision Planning Director to set strategy and architect media plans that deliver against objectives
- Be comfortable owning a brief from end to end including client relationship management
- Have strong digital background with the ability to analyse data and make planning decisions accordingly
- Show an exceptional attention to detail
- Analyze campaign level reporting for optimization and learning
- Manage systems for forecasting accurate spend and track progress
- Be able to build client presentations for quarterly reviews
- Feel comfortable leading weekly client conference calls and coordinating input various campaign activations
- Ability to interrogate proposals and negotiate rates with key media partners
- Review client feedback and make optimization recommendations
- Must be able to review a brief and understand what the clients KPIs are and match to media/tactics
- Knowledge of modern demand generation techniques including ABM
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Excellent client leadership and management skills for media specific elements of full service accounts and ownership of media-only client relationships working alongside the Media Director
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with colleagues both directly with your team, sister agencies and across the wider DAN network
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with the activation team to ensure a seamless hand-off and on-going communication of plan performance.
- Establish and maintain communications process with your team and client contacts
- Be comfortable liaising with creative teams and external agencies where necessary
- Stay up to date client product portfolios
- Stay up to date with changes in the media landscape
- Ability to solve issues where required
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- 3-5 years’ media experience ideally in B2B/International, although not essential. Digital experience a must.
- Good communications/media planning and buying experience
- Client service experience
- Language skills desirable, although not essential
- Understanding of key research sources and digital tools (e.g. IPSOS IMS, Telmar, Comsore, Integral, Omniture and Atlas)
- Knowledge of digital and offline media
- High-level proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.