gyro is the global ideas shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
gyro:Fuel is the agency’s content-marketing discipline. Based on a publishing model, Fuel focuses on creating provocative content that engages B2B audiences across all channels. From long-form, interactive thought leadership pieces and how-to guides to blog posts, web pages and articles, Fuel pairs strategy and creative with writing and editing to produce award-winning content. Whether you’re a new content strategist, writer, editor or managing editor, every member of the Fuel team is expected to work with all disciplines to push the boundaries of content development and creation.
As a senior writer on the gyro:Fuel team, you’re expected to do the following:
- Write compelling content for clients in various industries, including healthcare, high tech, manufacturing and food products
- Produce short- and long-form writing projects including:
- White papers
- Research reports
- Blog posts
- Landing pages
- Fact sheets
- Case studies
- Video and podcast scripts
- Banner ads
- PowerPoint decks
- Interview subject matter experts on a variety of topics and use interviews to inform a range of content deliverables
- Apply a journalistic approach to researching and writing content to ensure quality and consistency across the board
- Stay informed on content-marketing trends and best practices
- Work with all disciplines, including creative, strategy, planning, user experience, digital, etc. to produce the best work possible
- Provide mentorship and leadership to junior members of the team
- Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to collaboration and motivation among all team members and throughout the agency
- Background in publishing and/or advertising
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proven interview and research skills
- Experience creating lead generation materials for clients, including email communication, newsletters, etc. (B2B copywriting or technical writing experience is a bonus)
- Medical/healthcare industry writing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, content marketing, PR or related field
- Portfolio of strategic writing examples, ability to pass a writing test, familiarity with various writing styles (including AP style)