STRATEGIC ACCOUNT PLANNER
gyro is the B2B Global Ideas Shop. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to produce ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here.
The Strategic Account Planner is responsible for distilling the most essential insights, building and presenting a smart, well rationalized strategy recommendation for the client and inspiring internal teams to develop breakthrough creative ideas that address defined business problems. Acting as a voice of the consumer within an agency, the Account Planner will collect and synthesize insights to help identify ideal audiences, rational and emotive decision drivers and optimum methods of communication. The Account Planner must be a natural collaborator across the Strategy team, and other disciplines, including Account, Creative and Project Management.
- Work across multiple brands and new business opportunities
- Conduct research to help understand cultural and category trends, competitors, offerings, and proactively share with the team
- Gather and analyze a wide range of rational and emotional information including, strategic, demographic, motivational, psychographic, socio-economic and purchase decision dynamics
- Analyze data (either quantitative or qualitative) into valuable intelligence
- Collaborate and develop trend reports, competitive assessments, audience personas, buyer journeys, creative briefs, workshops, research and related strategic outputs for clients and new business
- Develop clear, concise creative briefs and interactive briefing sessions that inspire the team to develop creative ideas that may be applied to a variety of media channels
- Work with cross-disciplinary team to propose ideas and solutions that are rooted in audience behavior, needs and desires to address client brand and business challenges
- Work with client teams to develop annual integrated marketing communications plans
- Commission research with third party research firms using both qualitative methods
- Ability to communicate effectively in groups and one-on-one
- Ability to facilitate groups
- Able to interact with and present to clients professionally
- Story-telling ability and aptitude to ask good questions, explain things clearly and succinctly, boil down relevant insights
- Good eye for detail
- Strong grammar skills, coherent and clear written and verbal presentation ability
Attributes for Success:
- Self-starter goes above and beyond on tasks
- Seeks out opportunity and challenges
- Good at juggling many tasks
- Works well with others, a team player; but can also thrive in isolation (strategy can be a lonely place at times)
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and adaptable to changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Advertising
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in strategy development and planning in advertising/ marketing.
- Research experience. Some quantitative experience and/or openness to learning (not afraid of numbers and rigor) and qualitative experience (focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic research – any type of interviewing skills).
- The ability to ask the right progressive questions to mine and synthesize primary and secondary key research insights.
- Effective visual and verbal presentation skills.
- Innate curiosity and aptitude to learn about marketing, brands, advertising, communications, culture, the psychology of decision making and people – a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick.
- Creative and/or an appreciation for creativity, desire to be part of a creative environment and is excited about the creative process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.