gyro is the Global Ideas Shop launched in May 2011. We are 600 creative minds strong, united by a single mission: to create ideas that are humanly relevant.
We bring together a myriad of talents, including visionaries, artists, strategists and experts across a range of disciplines, to fulfil this mission for our clients. We are bound by our core beliefs in open thinking, the desire to embrace change and the belief that great ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. We call this unconventional culture UNO. It celebrates inspiration, collaboration and mutual respect and it is what defines us.
As a vital part of gyro, you’ll be comfortable building the kind of closeness with others that means you know the punch lines to each other’s jokes, what everyone’s favourite pizza is and quite possibly share the stories that you shouldn’t. You will smile, even when it’s tough because you know you are not alone. We talk to each other, we work together and we share all the challenges and triumphs a creative life brings.
This is UNO.
If you choose to join us, this is what you will do while you are here:
Supporting the Strategy & Planning team across all ongoing client work and new business development. Support strategic initiatives through intelligence gathering, research design-analysis and strategic support materials (e.g. research findings, briefing materials).We’re looking for an independent thinker who is curious and passionate about people, brands, marketing, social and digital. The Strategist must be a natural collaborator across the Strategy team, and other disciplines, including Account, Creative and Project Management.
- Work across multiple brands and new business opportunities
- Conduct research to help understand category, brands, target, etc. and proactively share with department and agency
- Build a comprehensive understanding and successful application of secondary research tools
- Help build, produce and manage planning projects, materials, etc. Includes workshops, creative development and research projects
- Analyze data (either quantitative or qualitative) into valuable intelligence
- Draft creative briefs for and be able to brief creative team
- Work with other Strategy team to develop trend reports, creative briefs, digital profiles and other strategic documents
- Work with cross-disciplinary team to propose ideas and solutions that are rooted in audience behavior, needs and desires to address client brand and business challenges
- Provide competitive, brand and audience insight for new business process
- Monitor ongoing advertising, marketing and digital-specific innovations to keep team inspired and informed
- Able to interact with and present to clients professionally Communication Skills:
- Story-telling ability and/or aptitude to ask good questions, explain things clearly and succinctly, boil down relevant insights
- Good eye for detail and strong grammar and writing skills
- Coherent and clear written and verbal presentation ability
We are looking for someone who will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Anthropology, Cultural Studies, the Arts, or anything with a hint of creativity etc.
- 1-3 years experience in advertising, marketing, or like minded-industry or from a planning Masters programs (Miami Ad School, VCU)
- Some quantitative research experience and/or openness to learning (not afraid of numbers and rigor)
- Some qualitative research experience (focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic research – any type of interviewing skills)
- Innate curiosity and aptitude to learn about marketing, brands, advertising, communications, culture, people, etc. a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick
- Creative and/or an appreciation for creativity, desire to be part of a creative environment and is excited about the creative process
- Self-starter goes above and beyond on tasks
- Seeks out opportunity and challenges
- Good at juggling many tasks
- Works well with others, a team player; but can also thrive in isolation (strategy can be a lonely place at times)
- Able to thrive in a “non-traditional,” entrepreneurial environment Qualifications:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.